Milwaukee, Wisconsin, June 24, 2013… Festivalgoers can be Italian anywhere with the launch of Festa Italiana’s new mobile app! As the first ethnic festival in Milwaukee to create a mobile app, “Festa MKE” offers attendees everything they love about Festa, right at their fingertips.
“We are very excited about the launch of our new mobile app. As Milwaukee’s first ethnic festival, we are proud to be the first with a mobile app as well,” said Gina Spang, president of Festa Italiana. “In the age we live in, everything is accessible on-the-go, so we decided, why not Festa too? The Festa MKE app is extremely user friendly and allows attendees the opportunity to easily navigate our entertainment line-up, food offerings, attractions and more. It also incorporates some fun elements such as Italian phrases, Festa foodie terms, an interactive map and social media integration for Facebook and Twitter!”
Festa MKE is available now for iPhone and iPad on the App Store℠. It is also available for ANDROID devices on Google Play™. There is no charge for the Festa MKE app.
Categorized as an “entertainment app,” Festa MKE includes festival information, a full schedule of events, food offerings, attractions and more.
Festa MKE Features:
· Full entertainment schedule of Festa’s stages for music, food demonstrations and cultural dance performances
· Personalized scheduling – save performances to your iPhone, iPad or ANDROID’s native calendar
· Interactive map showing where stages, attractions and specific vendors are located within the festival grounds
· Comprehensive vendor directory helps you find your favorite food vendors and explore their menus
· General information on tickets, parking and transportation, admission promotions, festival attractions and frequently asked questions
· Photo gallery featuring Festa’s most popular events and attractions
· Social media integration – post to Facebook and Twitter or check-in to any location on the festival grounds
· @FestaMKE’s Twitter feed offers the latest news and updates on all things Festa Italiana using #FestaMKE and #MyItalian
· At Festa, everyone’s Italian! Learn to say common Italian phrases and read up on traditional Italian foods and specialties
Download the Festa MKE app today and let your Festa mobile experience begin!
About Festa Italiana
Festa Italiana takes place at Henry W. Maier Festival Park (Summerfest grounds) on Milwaukee’s lakefront. The festival runs Friday, July 19, to Sunday, July 21.
Live Italian. Eat Italian. Play Italian. Be Italian. Festa Italiana is the largest Italian event of its kind in America today. The Festival began in 1978 for the purpose of reuniting an Italian community torn apart by urban renewal projects and was the first ethnic festival in Milwaukee. Today, several ethic festivals are celebrated on Milwaukee’s lakefront and the city is now widely known as the City of Festivals. Through the dedication of more than 2,000 volunteers, the annual Festa Italiana has become a favorite family event to Milwaukee and surrounding areas.
What’s your Italian? Follow Festa Italiana on Twitter @FestaMKE and become a fan of Festa Italiana on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/festaitalianamilwaukee to join the conversation. Use the hashtags #MyItalian and #FestaMKE to share what’s Italian to YOU! For more information on the festival, please visit www.FestaItaliana.com or call 414-223-2808.
Festa Italiana is sponsored in part by MillerCoors, Spiked Island Adult Lemonade, Potawatomi Bingo Casino, International Autos Group, LoDuca Bros., Inc., Major Goolsby’s, Pyramax Bank, Catholic Financial Life, The Bartolotta Restaurant Group and Palermo’s Pizza.
About the Developers
Vollrath Associates, Inc. is a strategic communications firm specializing in investor and public relations and marketing communications. As the public relations agency for Festa Italiana, Vollrath Associatesspearheaded this effort and carried the app into completion with the help of its development partners, THIEL Design and Xorbix Technologies. www.vollrathpr.com
As a branding agency, THIEL Design brings life and enhanced meaning to companies, products and services through integrated marketing tools and communications to tell their brand stories. Applying branding strategy to the design of mobile apps, THIEL creates mobile experiences that make the complex simple, adding value to the user experience. thiel.com
The mobile app builders. Xorbix Technologies provides custom mobile solutions to empower organizations to fully embrace the mobile revolution. Their broad capabilities and extensive knowledge in mobile strategy, design, and engineering help solve complex challenges in today’s businesses and enrich the social experience. xorbix.com
# # #