BRECKENRIDGE, Colo. (July 29, 2013) – Organizers of the Breck Epic MTB Stage Race are pleased to announce a full roster of new partners, chief among them component manufacturer SRAM. The globally-based component manufacturer brings its entire family of brands including RockShox, Avid and TRUVATIV in support of the 5th year event.
“Partnering with the Breck Epic is a great opportunity for SRAM here in Colorado,” states SRAM Mountain Bike Sports Manager John Dawson, “It’s an event that should be on the top of all mountain bikers’ bucket lists. We’re honored to support Epic athletes and to contribute to what we know will be the experience of a lifetime for each and every one of them.”
“As the race has grown the needs of our riders have increased exponentially. It’s an insanely fun course, but it just devours equipment,” offers race organizer Mike McCormack. “As a partner SRAM is ideal - they bring race-proven products with World Cup pedigrees and full coverage in terms of drivetrain, brakes and suspension.”
“Most importantly, they’re pulling out all stops in support of the racers,” continues McCormack, “Our riders invest significant energy and resources prior to toeing the start line. SRAM’s presence, along with RockShox, TRUVATIV and Avid, provides them with a considerable security blanket and an invaluable insurance policy for their success.”
Joining SRAM as new supporters of the 6-day MTB stage race are;
- Bicycle maintenance product maker WD-40 BIKE – on-site with two tech staff including program director Brian Dallas to provide WD-40 BIKE’s “Clean, Lube, and Protect” treatment for all racers.
- Bicycle rack, pack and bag manufacturer Thule – providing Epic operations staff with reliable and easy-to-use bike transportation solutions.
- Cycling apparel brand Twin Six; designers of all merchandise including entrant, leader and MTB stage race world champion jerseys
- Ortlieb USA, makers of bombproof travel, office, hydration and commuter bags and panniers.
- Polar Bottle, makers of insulated custom water bottles, two of which will be issued to each rider.
- Chamois Butt’r; offering samples of original, Eurostyle and all-new women-specific Her’ chamois creams, Eurostyle Sports Wash and the newly released Sports Kit Wash, a nearly fragrance-free cleanser ideal for technical fabrics such as those commonly used in cycling.
There's little doubt that Epic organizers are excited to have SRAM on board, or that the feeling is reciprocated by SRAM. But Twin Six? Possibly setting a new high water mark for stoke.
When organizers of the Breck Epic asked the Minneapolis based cycling lifestyle brand if they were interested in designing the gear for the 2013 event, the T6 crew said, "Hell yeah we're interested!" T6 sales manager Mark Fisher further clarified; "It seemed obvious to Twin Six that the most "epic" cycling lifestyle brand should design the gear for the world's most "epic" mountain bike stage race. Taking cues from the recent lumberjack-plaid revival, we laid down some of the finest iterations anyone has ever seen on this years commemorative, leaders and champions jerseys."
"We're most excited about those bangin' blaze orange leaders jerseys," continued Fisher, "They scream, I'm the M. F. leader, come and get me!"
SRAM, Rock Shox, Avid and TRUVATIV support staff will transition directly from Leadville to Breckenridge following the Leadville 100 held Saturday, August 10. With prime positioning in the heart of Epic race HQ, SRAM and it’s family of brands will be primed to assist with all mechanical needs beginning Saturday, August 10.
Twin Six will social media unabomber from afar, following and reposting race results and updates with a bag of Doritos and a 2-liter Mountain Dew in one hand and a vintage Molteni team issue Merckx lovingly (if somewhat disturbingly) cradled in the other.
About Greenspeed & The Breck EpicThe Greenspeed Project was founded in 2008, its stated mission to underwrite local open-space initiatives using the proceeds generated from distinctive backcountry events. In founder Mike McCormack’s words, “There are big holes in the conventional ‘event-o-sphere’ that events like Downieville, Crankworx and The Firecracker fill. We want to operate in that space and produce events that make cycling richer and more resonant both for the participant and the industry.” Greenspeed’s signature event is the 6-day Breck Epic MTB Stage Race, held in and around the backcountry surrounding Breckenridge, CO.